Thursday, December 18, 2008

Further Along

I've been kinda pokey in the studio lately, so I'm slowly finishing this 18 x 24" picture, obsessively finishing each little grape and then ham-fistedly painting a bird. I don't know whats up... winter ennui? I had been having trouble with the color balance but I think the strawberry shortcake resolved that.. nothing like a small punch of color for interest within a larger limited palette. I thought it would be interesting to show myself in the midst of my painting, although it may just appear that I am slowly progressing, barely changing the picture from one step to the next. I love slow incremental changes to a collection of anything, books, mushrooms, chocolates, perfume, paper cuts. Perhaps that is why I rehearse that in the paintings.

No comments: