Sunday, November 16, 2008

Currently, In the Studio

I have a still life set up for my current under-drawing and I thought it would be a nice time for a studio visit via digital camera. All the foods are fake, which I love, they give off a plastic glow that cannot be replicated with actual food. Also, witness my usage of the classical studio appendage: the easel. I tried and tried not to, but my wrist finally gave out, or gave in. So now I see why its so nice to work on a tilt. The drafting table just couldn't quite do it for me. Also, the studio picture-visit was one of my favorite activities/assignments in grad school. Dennis Congdon had this great daily picture, daily drawing, daily sentence assignment, but he also had a "photograph your studio" assignment. I find this kind of re-viewing of one's work space from time to time very helpful.



No comments: